Friday, April 13, 2012

Starting Out

Hello there! Welcome to One Sleepy Chef, a blog about food, cooking, and narcolepsy.


My name is Jason. I am a father, a husband, an amateur cook, and a professional narcoleptic. It's not easy keeping up with work, marriage, and a baby when you barely have the energy to crawl out of bed every morning, but somehow I manage (most days). One thing that keeps me going is finding delicious new recipes to make and share with everyone I know.


This is my first blog ever. Unlike millions of other people out there who blog and tweet excessively about the mind-bogglingly inane minutae of their day, I have never felt that my inner thoughts and daily routines warranted hourly updates. The delicious food I make, on the other hand, deserves to be shared with the world! Hence this blog.


The best part of cooking is sharing your work with others. For that reason, I plan to use this space to showcase pictures and recipes, meal suggestions, and maybe some cooking how-tos. You will see Yinger family favorites, new trial runs from places like Food Network Magazine and Allrecipes.com, and perhaps some reader requests. Hopefully my kitchen exploits will inspire you to be a little more adventurous with your own cooking or, at the very least, give you a few wonderful dishes to serve to your hungry family.


Let's get cooking!


~ Jason

2 comments:

  1. Good Stuff, J. Now...as to Yinger Family Favorites, when am I going to get to steal that strata recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent suggestion, Douglas! I will have to speak to Mama Yinger about giving up such a sacred recipe.

      Delete